Monday, February 07, 2005

Wisnu


The statue Posted by Hello
Dominating the park is Wisnu, a bust of a Hindu deity constructed from giant slabs of copper and brass. Representing the divine force responsible for the protection of the universe, the 22-meter Wisnu figure is a modern rendering of an ancient cultural tradition.

Within the premise of the statue, there's actually a water spring called Pahrayangan Somaka Giri believed to be sacred.
As the existence of this spring in these arid limestone hills has no scientific explanation, it has become a place of pilgrimage and meditation.

I didn't see this spring even though I was like 15 feet away from it. Another little regret of mine. I could have just go there by myself but the experience just won't be the same. I felt I was the only one excited about this whole place. But you can't be so excited anymore when you know that you're the only one who is. You know what I'm sayin'?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home